Server service

dkalsowdkalsow
Good Morning

After installing the software I now get the following error when it goes and tries to talk with the remote servers:

Now I can run that application but when it goes to scan the servers I get the error: Cannot access WMI on remote machine: OLE exception from "SWbenLocator": The RPC server is unavbailable. Win32::OLE(0.1707) error 0x800706ba: "The RPC server is unabailable" in METHOD/PROPERTYGET "ConnectServer"

I have looked at the article:

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php?page=index_v2&id=1&c=1

and it referances a "Servier" Service. What is that? Is it something I load from ServersCheck or something that is on the server from Microsoft?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The "Server" service is a Windows module from Microsoft.

As per knowledge base article, this should be installed on the remote system.
  • dkalsowdkalsow
    OK the service is running. As for the netbois protocol are you looking for the NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol to be running on both boxes?

Also, how do I check to see if 139 & 445 are open?

Is there a firewall between the server running the ServersCheck Monitoring Software and the remote server you want to monitor?

Also verify that no local firewalls are running that could block the requests. If unsure then check with your network administrator.
  • dkalsowdkalsow
    nope all firewalls are turned off
    You could create a TCP rule in ServersCheck to check port 445 and 139 on the remote system. if it fails then something is blocking the traffic.
  • dkalsowdkalsow
    ok but is the protocol that needs to be installed on both client and server - "NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol "?
    Not familiar with "NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol"

Just follow the steps in the knowledge base article and try again.
This discussion has been closed.