Remarks?

JoseJose
Has this feature been removed? I can't find it on any of the screens and can't find any documentation on the online help or the knowledge database. All I could find were two postings in this forum from a couple of years back.

(Currently running 7.1.5)

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What do you mean with Remarks?
  • The ability to add remarks (comments) to a rule, so they show up under the "Remarks" column in the rules view and the HTML reports.
    Yes that feature is being discontinued in release 7 and replaced with the note feature. The note feature allows to store a history of remarks submitted. The latest note will be shown in the future in the current remarks field.
  • Got it. Will there be a way to "remote" a note? We were planning on using this when, for example, a device goes down and will be down for an extended period of time. We wanted to enter a remark "Waiting for parts. ETA 9/1/2007" or something similar. We wouldn't want this note sticking around forever once the device is fixed.
    Simply add a blank note then once the parts are in. It will be that blank one that is shown then.
  • Easy enough... do you know when this will be available? (right now I can enter notes, but they don't show up under the Rules View or the HTML reports)
    The next release, 7.6 should have it.

7.6 is scheduled for end of this month if all goes well.
  • Great. Thanks!!!
    Feature has been moved up in the release planning and is part of 7.5.4 that you can download from our website.
  • I've updated to 7.5.5. If I add a note, the "info" icon shows up on the device, group and rule view. On mouseover, the note is displayed.

However, the note is not displayed in the "Remarks" column on the HTML report.
This discussion has been closed.