mysql odbc logging

gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
what is the correct database template to use with a mysql backend for database logging? Mysql client w/ odbc driver 3.51 is installed and a system DSN exists for connection.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=myServerName;DATABASE=myDatabaseName;USER=myUsername;PASSWORD=myPassword
  • gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    That connection setting worked. But i am wondering if ODBC logging is working correctly. After running w/ ODBC logging for 2 hours the system has only added 2 rows of data. The logged data looks like windows health data. I have 10 or so checks currently active. How often does the system log data? is it real time or is there a seperate process? ver 7.6.1
    It is real time. Might be that your database structure is not correct. By running the monitoring service in debug mode you can view all SQL activity and see what the error is.
  • gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    This is the error i am receiving:

Win32::OLE(0.1707) error 0x80004005: "Unspecified error"

in METHOD/PROPERTYGET "Open" at monitoring_thread2.pl line 7795

DBI connect('','',...) failed: Can't Open Connection ''

Package : DBD::ADO::dr

Filename : /<D:Program FilesServersCheck_Monitoringmonitoring_thread2.exe

>DBD/ADO.pm

Line : 153

Last error : -2147467259

OLE exception from "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers":

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default

driver specified
    Your database connection string is incorrect:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default

driver specified

• gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    This is what i have in the ODBC connection string: "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=127.0.0.1;DATABASE=serverscheck;USER=nms;PASSWORD=*" This is the same string values that i am using for the mysql database monitoring rule. does the "server=" value need the dsn name?
    Maybe the ODBC driver for MySQL is not installed
  • gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    it is. from the ODBC control applet i can create a user or system DSN entry that lists the mysql 3.5.1 driver. the odbc test works just fine. The mysql template dropdown doesn't show up in the serverscheck odbc logging screen. so when i add the odbc string from above and make the necessary edits odbc logging doesn't work for mysql.
    I have forwarded it to our development team for further review.
  • gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    Any news?
    We had to setup a mySQL environment to replicate the issue. We were able to replicate it.

We will bring an update out in 7.6.2 that will include support for mySQL including in the drop down list.

7.6.2 is planned for later this week.

Update 10/4/2007: 7.6.2 is ready and now in testing.
  • gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    So i have 7.6.2 up and running and here is the latest error on mysql odbc logging. It looks like the rules are successfully being entered in mysql, so the serverscheck_checks table is being updated but the updates/inserts to serverscheck_data table still fails.

Cannot connect to -> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1)

Cannot connect to -> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1)

Cannot connect to -> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002)(# M Mon Oct 8 11:57:58 2007 import rules

# M Mon Oct 8 11:57:58 2007 Checking db status

# M Mon Oct 8 11:57:58 2007 no db activity

# M Mon Oct 8 11:57:58 2007 Monitoring Rule Process Watcher: 1 found

# S Mon Oct 8 11:57:38 2007 importing

# S Mon Oct 8 11:57:38 2007 importing done

# S Mon Oct 8 11:58:09 2007 importing

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 import rules

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 - 1191862658MEMORY: 1191862658 (MEMORY check) databases required for graphing already exist?

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 - 1191862658MEMORY databases created.

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 Checking db status

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 Checking DB for changed rules

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 Record does not exist inserted 1191862658

# M Mon Oct 8 11:58:15 2007 Creating network map networkmap
    A bug was found causing the connection string to be removed more than probably resulting in the error you described.

Replace your current monitoring_thread2.exe with the one from following url:

http://files.serverscheck.net/fixes/monitoring_thread2.zip
  • gmillerarmtgmillerarmt
    woohoo! works! Thanks very much.
This discussion has been closed.